Thursday, January 10, 2019

Moring workouts, maybe not

As I mentioned yesterday, I am getting back on the workout train along with millions of others this January, but I made one major change.  Most of the things you read or listen to say that you should always workout first thing in the morning.  The idea is that as the day progresses, other things will get in the way and you won't do your workout.  I do believe this is true for many people, but I want to offer an alternative perspective.
I  have been trying for quite some time to workout in the morning, but I dread dragging my butt out of bed to go and workout.  I realized that the thought of working out had become this awful thing, even though there have been times in my life when I loved working out, or at least didn't hate it.  I was berating myself for being lazy and not doing what I need to for improved health. 
Then I remembered that when I was teenager, I always worked out in the evening.  So this week I started working out about an hour after dinner and have been doing it.  The really interesting part is that during the day I actually look forward to working out instead of dreading it.
So while many of the experts recommend mornings, and I suggest trying that, if mornings don't work for you, try other times of the day.  In the end, you need to do what will work for you.  My energy is far higher in the evenings so this night owl will be sweating under the stars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment