Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Celebrating success


How do you celebrate your success?  It is vitally important to stop and give yourself a pat on the back when you’ve succeeded, no matter how big or how small.  So much of the time, people will criticize others or themselves for any and every little mistake, but ignore their accomplishments.

Take a few minutes every day and write down all the little successes.  It could be as simple as staying on your diet, remaining calm with your kids when you would otherwise have blown up, or maybe even only eating half a piece of cake at the office birthday party, instead of the whole piece.
 
When you receive emails that contain words of praise, put them in a special folder or print them and add them to your success diary.  Then when you are having an off day you can always review it and regain a little perspective.

At one point I was looking for references and asked a couple people that I had worked with a few years earlier if they’d mind writing up a little something for me.  Well, I should have done this before, because the words they wrote touched me.  I knew I had done a good job, but hadn’t realized just how much they appreciated my hard work.  I keep those words in a few places and read them often and always get a boost.

Enjoy your successes and keep those in your memory and in your heart.  
Enjoy the day and congratulations on all your successes today!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Stacey! Significant and inspiring. Keep up the great work. : )

    ReplyDelete