Friday, May 13, 2011

Trying too hard?


Sometimes we try too hard and it's not until we sit back and reflect that we see the forest for the trees.  When we try too hard we can drown out our subconscious mind and all it is telling us. 

When you have a problem that you need to solve, but can’t see any way forward, stop.  Yes, just stop.  Focus on something else, go for a walk or start another small project.  Once you take your mind off the problem, your subconscious will go to work and suddenly, out of the blue an idea will emerge.  When you are immersed in a problem you are often too frustrated and can’t relax.  It is in this state of relaxation that you will likely solve the problem.

This makes me think of when I was learning to drive standard.  I stalled the car and was in the middle of lots of traffic.  The more I tried to start the car, the more frustrated I became and the less likely I was going to be able to get it started.  A young man in the car behind me even got out of his car and came to offer help, thinking I was having engine problems.  I didn’t feel silly at all.  LOL!  Then I remembered my driving instructor’s wise words.  He said to ignore the traffic and take a deep breath and relax, then on the next try the car started.  

When you have a problem, find a way to relax and step back.  You already know the next step to solving the problem, you just have to relax and give your mind a chance to communicate it to you.

Have a great night and relax a little, ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment